This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to as at New Mills Dental Practice, 6 Union Road, New Mills, High Peak. SK22 3ES
We gather and use patient information in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them online.
Forms on this website do collect personal data that you submit, which will be emailed with the intent to store that data on industry standard UK email hosting and practice management records for the purpose of providing you a service.
The Data Protection Act (1998)
Our Practice is Notified with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Reg No Z2372251 Our Data Controller , Richard Cantillon can be contacted at our practice address as above or by telephone 01663 742253  with any questions you may have or details concerning the protection of your personal data.
Our Practice is Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Reg No 1-152999805 Details of our Registration can be seen at www.cqc.org.uk. Our practice has to comply with the CQC data protection policy for Patient Records both offline and online.
What data we gather
We may collect your data in a variety of ways on this website. Our lawful basis for processing your data will be your explicit consent to us to do so. We may store this data indefinitely.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to patient enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you expect from your practice, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To transfer or share sensitive patient data with other registered dental or medical professionals
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for research reasons.
Your individual rights
As an individual, you have the following rights in regard to the data that we collect and store:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please call the practice and speak to our Data Controller or Data Protection Officer.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in an e- form or provide your personal details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to New Mills Dental Practice, 6 Union Road, New Mills, High Peak. SK22 3ES
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unlawful disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of the www.newmillsdental.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for your data protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data via interactive website templates. Study the website data protection policy and the status of the website itself - is it padlocked or using https:// or green bar transfer protocols?).
If you feel that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data, you may complain to the ICO directly at https://ico.org.uk/.
Keep in touch
For all our latest news and offers, sign up to our regular newsletter.
Enter your name and email address below:
Enter your name and email address below: